“During this time of rapid growth for both the industry and M. Holland’s 3D Printing team, adding strategic suppliers is a crucial part of providing our clients a wide assortment of materials to suit their applications,” said Haleyanne Freedman, engineering market manager of 3D Printing at M. Holland. “Offering a comprehensive line card of materials is necessary for our clients to have high-quality materials that enable true adoption of 3D printing technologies into their operations.”
- Holland welcomes new supply partners DSM, Infinite Material Solutions, Kimya Materials and taulman3D to its growing portfolio:
- DSM: The new partnership with DSM adds high-performance and specialty materials to M. Holland’s 3D Printing portfolio. New products include DSM’s Arnite® polyethylene terephthalate (PET), Arnitel® flexible TPC and Novamid® nylon materials. Specifically, the Novamid® AM1030 FR (F) is the first UL Blue Card Certified PA6/66 for use in open-platform 3D printers. There are some UL Blue Card materials certified for closed platforms, but Novamid® AM1030 FR (F) is specifically certified for widely used open-platform printers. Blue Card materials are certified for high-heat applications and have demonstrated failure resistance. DSM is a purpose-led, global science company that specializes in solutions for nutrition, health and sustainable living.
- Infinite Material Solutions: Holland signed a distribution agreement with Infinite Material Solutions, a materials innovation group with the intent to build processes that redefine the manufacturing industry. M. Holland now has access to AquaSys® 120, a water-soluble filament designed to support parts printed with polypropylene (PP) and polyamide (PA), materials that previously required same-material support. This product is well-suited for applications requiring complex designs and a low level of post-processing, even with extremely high print temperatures. This filament provides universal support with excellent adhesion.
- Kimya Materials: Holland is now a North American distributor for Kimya Materials, a brand of the ARMOR group dedicated to developing custom materials for additive manufacturing. The agreement includes different types of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) with varied additives: EC ABS (electrically conductive), ABS Kevlar, and polyether block amide (PEBA)-S, a flexible and highly printable material. The ABS products from Kimya offer the ability to conduct electricity through plastic, which can be useful in various electrical applications.
- taulman3D: Holland now has full access to the entire product offering from taulman3D, a producer of high-strength 3D printing materials. These products include nylons, support materials, copolymers, plasticized copolyamide thermoplastic elastomer (PCTPE), PETT, medical-grade materials and more. For example, taulman3D’s guideline is a medical-grade ISO 10993 FDA registered material. This is significant because medical-grade materials that are suitable for skin contact have been historically difficult to 3D print. The partnership with taulman3D allows M. Holland’s clients' broad access to materials suited for a variety of applications.
- Holland also announced its new line of materials for 3D printing applications. This portfolio comprises specialty prime compounds that deliver extremely high value and performance. The new products include MHC PA6/69, MHC PA/TPE Flex, PA6/69 MED, PA6/6 CNC and MHC Transparent PET. All M. Holland materials for 3D printing are flexible, versatile and easily printable.
The company’s 3D Printing business unit has experienced a surge of growth over the last year. The group recently relocated to a 63,000-square-foot facility containing 10 fabrication labs, as well as increased the size of its team by over 50% to support high demand for its services. The addition of these materials and partnerships continues the business unit’s expansion, offering more options to its clients. For more details about these materials and a complete list of offerings from M. Holland’s 3D Printing group, visit mholland3d.com.
ABOUT M. HOLLAND
Holland is a leading international distributor of thermoplastic resins, providing suppliers with the most strategic channels to market, offering innovative sourcing and supply chain solutions to our clients, and helping people lead rewarding careers. M. Holland’s 3D Printing group offers manufacturers cross-industry knowledge, advice and unbiased consultative expertise on applications, materials and equipment for additive manufacturing. Since 1950, a deep commitment to personal relationships has formed the core of the company’s heritage, its culture, and its vision. Headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois, M. Holland has over $1 billion in annual sales and sells to more than 4,000 customers annually. To learn more, visit www.mholland.com. Follow M. Holland on Twitter, LinkedIn,
Royal DSM is a global purpose-led, science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges whilst creating simultaneously economic-, environmental- and societal value for all its stakeholders; customers, employees, shareholders, and society-at-large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information about Somos® materials can be found at www.dsm.com/additive-manufacturing.
ABOUT INFINITE MATERIAL SOLUTIONS
Infinite Material Solutions, LLC. was founded as a joint venture between Nagase America, a multinational manufacturer-distributor of raw materials and specialty chemicals, and Interfacial Consultants LLC, a Wisconsin based firm focused on creating highly differentiated technology platforms. Since Nagase acquired Interfacial Consultants LLC earlier in 2020, Infinite Material Solutions has benefitted from greater access to the immense resources of all parties involved. Visit https://infinitematerialsolutions.com/ for more information.
ABOUT KIMYA MATERIALS
Kimya Materials is a subsidiary of the ARMOR Group focused on the production of technical and high performance filaments for the additive manufacturing industry. ARMOR is currently the world leader in the coating of thermal transfer ribbons for printing on packaging and on barcode labels, the European leader in the production of inkjet cartridges in Europe and the number 1 in sales of remanufactured laser cartridges in France. The development of this mid-sized French company is underpinned by a strategy of co-industrialization and sustainable innovation. Its 1850 staff work on 24 industrial and logistics sites on all continents, 724 of whom in France. In 2015 the group posted sales of €240 million, including 80% on export markets. For more information, visit https://www.kimya.fr/en/our-offer/kimya-materials/.
taulman3D is a leading manufacturer and distributor of advanced thermoplastics for additive manufacturing. Years of research and development go into every material, helping the company serve leading public sector clients with strong, reliable materials for their 3D printing projects. For more information, visit https://taulman3d.com/index.html
For more details about these materials and a complete list of offerings from M. Holland’s 3D Printing group, visit mholland3d.com. Read the full press release for more information.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT:
INK (for M. Holland)